Writer/Director – Michael Charron
Michael sees the movie theater as a place where traditions are subverted–where the status quo gets turned on its head. And this is where his writing sensibilities lie–in taking an established concept or idea and finding a way to turn it into something different. From slasher films where the “sexy” girls are the most competent ones to a rom-com where the meet cute takes place during casting for a snuff film, there’s no trope he’s unwilling to push to its limit.
Michael’s written more than a dozen feature films (and produced four of them) as well as written and produced a series of successful shorts. Michael has had several feature scripts both place as finalists and win in festivals and has had multiple short films win awards in recent years, including several that took top honors.
- Best Writer/Director (Random Knowledge) – Austin Revolution Film Festival 2019
- Director’s Choice: Screenwriter of the year – Austin Revolution Film Festival 2018
- Filmmaker of the Year – San Angelo Revolution Film Festival 2021
- Best Director (Casual Encounters) – Eyecatcher Film Festival 2018
- Best of Fest (Here Comes the Neighborhood) – Downtown Tyler Film Festival 2018
- Best Short Film (You’re the Puppet) – Nacogdoches Film Festival 2020
- Audience Choice Award (You’re the Puppet) – ATX Short Film Showcase 2021
- Best Texas Comedy Short (First Impressions) – Austin Revolution Film Festival 2022
- Best Texas Short Film (First Impressions) – Reel East Texas Film Festival 2021
- Best Comedy Short (First Impressions) – Reel East Texas Film Festival 2021
- Best Texas Short Film (First Impressions) – Laughing Dog Comedy Film Fest 2022
- Audience Choice Award (First Impressions) – Laughing Dog Comedy Film Fest 2022
- Best Texas Short Film (First Impressions) – Deep in the Heart Film Festival
Composer – TW Bond
T.W.Bond began creating scores and soundtrack songs for independent projects in Osaka, Japan in 2000. After relocating to Austin TX in 2002, he came to specialize in recreating the Spector Wall-of-Sound style & technique as well as mimicking the distinct nuances of various film score classics. In early 2017, he completed the music, lyrics, and soundtrack of the Adult Swim musical sitcom, The Suplex Duplex Complex. Bond pioneered the idea of the “video flyer” in the early days of YouTube to promote band shows at local venues. He has performed with Nirgilis, Gary Wilson & the Blind Dates, Barry Micron, and the Charles Potts Magic Windmill Band.
- Best Original Music (Here Comes the Neighborhood) – Austin Comedy Short Film Festival 2017
Director of Photography – Steven Gunter
Steven is a photographer and filmmaker who fell into his craft by accident. He studied vocal performance and pedagogy in college to ensure his ability to either work in retail or be self-employed, and he’s grateful the self-employment thing is working out. Steven’s film work ranges from traveling the world making micro-docs and promo films for NGO’s, clever Kickstarter videos, and music videos for local artists. Typically a team-of-one filmmaker, he’s looking forward to working on more team-based productions.
- Best Cinematography (Random Knowledge) – Prison City Film Festival 2019
Actor/Producer – Erik Anderson
Erik Anderson began acting at the age of 11, in Georgetown, TX, where he performed in stage productions directed by his middle school theater teacher. His feature film debut came in 2001, with a lead role in the indie comedy Jobbers. He has acted in four feature length films, and numerous shorts, two of which have won awards at the Fort Worth Indie Film Showcase and the Bare Bones Film Festival. Anderson is also an accomplished voice actor performing a wide range of characters and accents.
- Winner – Actor of the Year (You’re the Puppet) – Austin Revolution Film Festival
- Best Actor (Here Comes the Neighborhood) – Eyecatcher Film Festival 2018
- Nominee Best Actor (Random Knowledge) – San Angelo Revolution Film Festival
- Nominee Best Supporting Actor (Random Knowledge) – Prison City Film Festival 2019
- Nominee Best Actor (You’re the Puppet) – Prison City Film Festival 2020
Director of Photography/Gaffer – Nils Hoover
Creativity is a tool of transformation. To live as an artist is to accept the life of a wizard, casting spells of ideas and sharing beauty to change the world. As a filmmaker, Nils seeks to work and understand as many roles as he can. He’s worked as an editor and cinematographer for many years and most recently he’s started pursuing work in production as a gaffer. Next up he’s looking to direct and produce. Nils Hoover lives in Austin, TX and splits his time between filmmaking and installation art.
- Best Cinematography (Casual Encounters) – Austin Comedy Short Film Festival 2017